This is the studio where I’m currently writing at a writers’ colony in Virginia (VCCA). The horses wander around outside my windows all day and a toad appears outside my door every night. I talk to the horses and they respond with snorts and head bows. When I talk to the toad he completely ignores me—I think I’m being shunned. This is a beautiful and peaceful place to write without the interruption of phone calls, grocery shopping, laundry, driving, bill-paying, etc.
Jessica Anya Blau’s highly acclaimed novel, DRINKING CLOSER TO HOME, was featured in TARGET stores’ Breakout Author series. Her novel, THE SUMMER OF NAKED SWIM PARTIES, was picked as a Best Summer Book by the Today Show, the New York Post and New York Magazine. The San Francisco Chronicle picked it as one of the Best Books of the Year.
- phatstakz78 likes this
- labtingluxvio reblogged this from writeplacewritetime
- ytirucespkimer likes this
- lingling2011 likes this
- poniesofyesteryear reblogged this from writeplacewritetime
- mamua likes this
- ds-litjournal likes this
- kitsteinkellner likes this
- poniesofyesteryear likes this
- writeplacewritetime posted this